Wednesday, February 4, 2009

il blog di gus- scuola



Gus dictated three things that might surprise you about school at Pizzano, one thing he'd like to bring home and one he'll be glad to leave behind:

There are two recesses in second grade- recess is in the classroom when it's winter and outside on the asphalt (no play equipment, but there is one wall that's nice to climb) when it isn't even cold. There are three gates to get out, and two separate areas. We play aruba bandiera (capture the flag) & calcio (soccer) with a crumpled piece of paper (dad says it's like tape-ball), chiapparella con la priggione (it's technically freeze tag, but instead of standing still, you go to priggione and wait for someone to get you out).
During the winter, they almost never let you outside to play There's a foosball table we can use before and after school, but there isn't a ball for it right now. They actually use desks and a blackboard instead of tables and a paper chart. There are either two or three people stuck together. We all face the blackboard. My compagno di banco is Alessio, it used to be Elisa. We sometimes do Gym, only on Wednesdays, up on the third level. My Gym teacher is Paula (also my teacher for science and math). We do things like jump over stuff, crawl in stuff, climb up one ladder, switch to the other ladder and climb down. One thing I would like to bring home from school in Italy is my friends. My mom says that's nice, but I need to think of another aspect of school. I choose the gym, because it's a nice and big place to run around. I think I'd be glad to leave the school yard, because even though it's got a secret passageway, my school yard at home has grass, turf, woods and play equipment.
ps: these pictures are of Gus doing homework and a compito (assignment) that Gus was proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment