Monday, August 4, 2008

la vista




Ca'Lamma is most of the way up a tree-covered hill/mountain overlooking the Idice valley.  As we look out our bedroom window we can see a mimosa tree, covered with seussian pink puffs (imagine a makeup brush just dabbed in bright pink blush).  If we lean out of the window a little, we can see the hills on the other side of the valley- such a change from the flat landscape in Minneapolis.  As it turns out, it was foolish of us to think we might be able to use bikes- we'd have to walk them up the hill (WAY too steep to bike) and we'd burn through a set of brake pads every week getting down to the main road.  It's a lovely walk, however, and good for calves, thighs, and buns of steel.  If you visit, rent a car!

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. I've changed my mind. Come get me, I'm not going to college. I'm living there forEVER! Haha. Dinner looked great, by the way. How was jet lag and everything? I hope everyone's fine. <3Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina- Thanks for sending the link to your blog. I look forward to living vicariously through your family... until the day arrives when we can take our own trek overseas for a year. The place is beautiful, as is your family. Enjoy every little moment, the olives, the wine, the air, the trees... your time together as a family. Buena suerte! Jenn

    ReplyDelete