Sunday, August 31, 2008

il blog di maddy- gelato







I like gelato.  Here there are a lot of different flavors.  My favorites are mela verde (green apple) and cafffè.  There are also fragola (strawberry), melone (melon), limone (lemon), ace (I think it's mango, but the guy at the gelateria says it's orange and lemon), spagnola (cherry and vanilla), bacio (it means kiss, but it is really hazelnuts in chocolate), strachiatella (chocolate chip), cioccolata (chocolate), crema (vanilla) and there's much more.  

When you get a cone, you can have as many flavors as you want in the cone (that fit, of course).  You can also get 1, 1 1/2, or 2 kilo boxes to take home- once you pick the size you want, you ask for all the flavors you like and they squish them all inside that one box.  My favorite gelateria is the 'gelateria al tennis' which is behind a tennis court, of course.  Hopefully I'm going there tomorrow, which would make my sixth time going.  I'm taking pictures the next time we go, so check back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sold! I'll take 2 liters. :)

    It's great to hear about all the gelato and insects from Maddy and Gus!

    Megan.

    ReplyDelete